Why use SafeKnight™ downlight covers?
Unlike existing products on the market, SafeKnight™ provides a DIY solution for creating a protective barrier between down lights and combustible materials.
Some of the benefits are:
- Can be installed over or near roof beams, unlike other product on the market.
- Does not need to be installed by a qualified electrician, can be installed by any homeowner.
- Keeps dust and insects away from downlights.
- Can’t be easily knocked out of position or chewed by rodents.
- Remains fire-resistant, and won’t breakdown over time, like some of the cardboard products currently in use.
- Increases the lifespan of halogen globes.
- Designed by an experienced electrician.
- Sized at 220mm x 220mm, they cover and protect both downlight and transformer.
- Turn off / isolate all lights
- Simply push away all loose fill, insulation and other flammable objects.
- Place SafeKnight™ downlight barrier over downlight fitting.
Baffle Instructions ( With optional part number: ARJ2 )
- Cutout sections required to fit over beam using an appropriate cutting tool.
- Insert baffle to the required locating holes at the top of the cover.
- Follow steps 1-3 of the easy installation guide.
- Made from fire rated plastic which has passed the 960 degree glow wire test.
- Complies with clause 8, 9 and 10 of AS/NZS 4695.2.2 and clauses 10, 11 and 12 of AS/NZS 60695.2.11, as requested and approved by Energy Safe Victoria